Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Anipal Photo Hunt #16 My Other Job

I was the Official Poster Boy for The Animal Welfare League (@AWLQ), Qld, Australia.  I regularly appeared in magazines, newspapers and even television.
Photograph: Official Media photo representing TheAnimal Welfare League, Animal Shelter, Australia (@AWLQ).


I was the AWLQ's Guest Speaker at large functions, where I would do photo shoots and go on stage (wearing my Dinner Suit) and use my charm to promote the adoption of Golden Oldies.
Photograph: waiting to go on stage at an @AWLQ Function. Notice my pink cell phone; it actually rings !  (pic taken 2 days before I crossed OTRB).

Photograph: at an @AWL function, preparing for a Photo Shoot.
 
I LOVED photo shoots; the bigger the camera the better I worked it !  I could do 4 hour shoots without missing a beat !  Not bad for an 18year old dog !  BOL !
Photograph: Official Media photograph from national newspaper publicity for @AWLQ.  I even had 17 pics in a full Photo Gallery on the newspaper's  Web Site !
I am even in one National Media Photographer's Resume Book, alongside her photos of The Rolling Stones !  True story !


Crossing OTRB has not slowed me up !  I am still the Poster Boy for @AWLQ Golden Oldies.  I raise money and awareness globally for Golden Oldies every opportunity I get, in an effort to remind Pals that we are the perfect pets !
Photograph:  doggies at @AWLQ loving their new toys from #PepiPawty that everyone held in my Honor !  Lots of cash was raised, as well as 200 toys !  You guys really made a BIG difference to these doggies and kittehs while they were waiting to find their "forever families" !
I have also change the perception of Pals and their human's thinking about Pet Pram/Strollers !  People used to laugh and jeer at me in my Pram/Stroller.  But Mum and I persevered !  We made Prams acceptable.  Then we made Prams COOL !
Pram sales have now soared ! Prams are now considered a cool canine accessory.  Kitteh Strollers too !

Photograph: Mum & I used to run 6 miles every day; I would run & then rest up & then run more.  I could run approx 2 miles on my own paws! (not bad for 18 yrs old !)  The Pram kept me an active and healthy member of Society !  I highly recommend every elderly or infirm Pal to have one !
I also trained our neighbor dogs.  They were allowed to accompany Mum and I on our daily 6 mile run, where I would instruct them about the refinements of life, such as manners !  Neighbor dog Bonnie was my best friend.  Because she is so tall, I taught her to lay on the ground to talk to me.  Saved me getting a neck cramp !  I was a "mentor" to many younger dogs.
Photograph:  Bonnie & I resting up after a run.  Bonnie liked to visit my house because I always got ice cream after a run !
But when the camera crews went home and the pawty lights were turned off....I was just a regular little hairy guy. 

Photograph:  I had 24 Buddies, but this one was my favorite.  This is a rare photo of me because I'm nekkid ! BOL !  I almost always demanded to be wearing some type of outfit; at least a
t-shirt !  BOL !


6 comments:

  1. You knows, I dussn't think I has effur seened you in your birfday suit afore. *BLUSH*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an inspiration my friend, you do so much good for all the anipals, including Inigo.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You duz grate werk Pepi, and you iz so hansome in your dinner suit or your bare furz *belly skratch*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pepi - you are the "greatest." And now your mom has carried on with you very important work to help animaps. You are an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayaya for Pepi you are teh most awesome anipal of all time you do so much important work and keep us all entertained as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pepi you are amazing, so many duties and so many important photo shoots. I agreez with da pram/stroller issue, i thinkz they are so cool and i hope Ma will buy one for me for Xmas :)

    ReplyDelete