*scream* *scream**scream*
I was allowed to come home because everything said I was in good shape! We were all so excited. But I was only home for less than 5 minutes when I had a major stroke, which I survived. Mum rushed me back to the ICU where my Canine Specialist was waiting for me.
A domino effect was taking place, where fixing one thing was damaging something else. I had just had a major brain hemorrhage. My quality of life would not be the same now.
As a gift of love, Mum put me to sleep and I died wrapped in her arms, with her telling me how much she loved me. The ICU nurses laid me in this special muslin bag and tied blue ribbons and flowers around it. My Vet, Dr. McDonald cried, and sent Mum flowers.
Lots of Pals don't like their vets, but I met some really good ones. Being a vet is not easy because Pals are usually very scared and just want to go home. Usually Pal's humans are also very upset.
So Pals please remember this: we are the luckiest Pals, because we have access to vets. Next time you see your vet, instead of biting them, try wagging your tail or give them a nose-tap! Use your charm on them! They really like that and then they can't help but spoil you rotten! BOL !




Awww Pepi - dat brought back such sad memories, but I know you are in a happy place, and I'm so happy you come back to visit and take such good care of our other pals arriving up there. You are another negative turned into a positive for all the good work you do. Love you buddy.
ReplyDeleteThat doorbell skarded me! Now Iz gonna be suspishush efurry time it rings (o wait, I already iz suspishush! heehee) Iz rilly happy your vets wuz so nice to you Pepi and tried rill hard to halps you. You iz a good furrend *pawkiss*
ReplyDeleteWell, troof be told, we duss know that the V-E-T only tries to help us and make us better but rilly, we has images to uphold. I will deny I effur writed this.
ReplyDeleteMom wanted me to share a story about her much loved doggie Skipper. He hated the vet so much that she had to give him sleepy pills before she took him to the VET. All but two times that is. Once when he was hit by a car and broke his pelvis and then the last time he went when mom thought he was just a little sick but he died. That VET was a warm and caring man.
ReplyDelete@Yoda_the_Dog Please email me Skipper's story and I will post it in our OTRB Blog ! That would be a lovely tribute to her. XXX I'll DM you my email addie.
ReplyDeleteAw, Pepi, that was inspirational....I guess I could give THE VET another chance in your honor. :) xoxox
ReplyDelete